Disclaimer Legal Notice
The information contained in this website is not intended and should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, or a solicitation of any offer to buy, securities of any fund or other investment product in any jurisdiction. No such offer or solicitation may be made prior to the delivery of definitive offering documentation. The information in this web site is not intended and should not be construed as investment, tax, legal, financial or other advice.
General Fund Risk Disclosure:
The funds described in this website (each, a “fund” or “subscription”) are not subject to the same regulatory requirements as mutual funds, including mutual fund requirements to provide certain periodic and standardized pricing and valuation information to investors. There are substantial risks in investing in a fund. Persons interested in investing in a fund should carefully note the following:
- A fund represents a speculative investment and involves a high degree of risk. An investor could lose all or a substantial portion of his/her investment. Investors must have the financial ability, sophistication/experience and willingness to bear the risks of an investment in a fund.
- An investment in a fund should be discretionary capital set aside strictly for speculative purposes.
- An investment in a fund is not suitable or desirable for all investors. Only certain persons meeting certain additional eligibility criteria may invest in a fund.
- A fund may employ leverage and other investment techniques, and such leverage and other investment techniques may result in increased volatility of the fund’s performance and increased risk of loss.
- A fund may have limited or no operating history.
- The investment manager of a fund may have certain discretionary authority over the fund’s assets.
- A fund may invest in a limited number of securities or instruments, which could result in a limited degree of diversification and higher risk.
- A fund generally involves a complex tax structure, which should be reviewed carefully. A fund’s investment strategy may cause delays in important tax information being sent to investors.
- The management fees of a fund’s investment manager may be substantial regardless of whether the fund has a positive return, and will offset the fund’s profits.
- A fund is not required by regulators to provide periodic pricing or valuation information to investors.
- There are likely to be a number of conflicts of interest or potential conflicts of interest in connection with an investment manager’s management of fund assets.
The above summary is not a complete list of the risks and other important disclosures involved in investing in funds. Before making any investment in a fund, investors are advised to thoroughly and carefully review offering documentation with their financial, legal and tax advisers to determine whether an investment is suitable.